Thursday, June 20, 2013

Chiang Mai Train Ride

A little soul on a train all alone.

How do you draw a great expanse of space and time? How do you write of the sensation of speeding past beautiful scenes on a clicking bullet; all the while being oddly aware, but not fully comprehending, the lands, mountains, and oceans separating you from home, friends, and anyone who knows your name?

I am simply a little soul on a train in a great expanse of land full of many. And there is something wholly awe inspiring about that, something exciting as well as deeply lonely.

I plug my music into my ears and I can't help but cry from the shear beauty and power of this experience. Music, art, and literature are the tools we use to share and connect with the other humans around us. An artistic connection helps us not feel so alone in the world. But nothing can compare to the dizzying sensation of being completely in a moment.

I am not alone in my loneliness, therefore I'm not alone.

-zazz

Peter Bradly Adams everyone,


 

1 comment:

  1. Cannot wait to [hopefully] see you both in late November!

    ReplyDelete