Tuesday, June 11, 2013

RIP potted plant

Zazz here,

I would like to take this moment to say farewell to the potted plant outside my hostel door, for it will surely die from all of the stomach acid that it has consumed today. I am terribly sorry plant. 

Today was a day from hell for Zazz. It all went by in a horrible blur of vomit, sleep, nausea, embarrassment, and other dreadful experiences that I'm sure no one wants to read about. Not sure exactly what it was, but I'm willing to place a bet on food poisoning. 

Poisoned, away from Nugget, and now a day late for my visa run, I have come out of this ordeal surprisingly happy. There is a silver lining to this story, and her name is Ally. A girl who has single handedly restored my faith in humanity. Yesterday I didn't even know her name and this wonderful girl went out of her way to take care of this gross sick girl she didn't really know. 

I had first met her from Ton Sai but didn't remember her name even as we traveled into Krabi and checked into the same hostel. This morning she had the pleasure of seeing me again while I was feeding the potted plant. She stopped to check on the poor plant and got me some water. Later, after one of my medicinally induced stupor sleeps and another round of barf-n-the-bag, I found a "party bag" of crackers, coconut milk, a roll, and a lovely note from her. 

I would like to publicly thank Ally for her kindness and her understanding that it really sucks to be sick away from home with no one to take care for you. It's really great to get a reminder of there being some truly great people in the world. I for one will be sure to pay it forward and do the same for any sick comrades that I might happen across in the future. Thank you Ally for reminding me that we're all in this together. 

In loving memory of Potted Plant


No comments:

Post a Comment